December 18, 2021
The Regolith Desktop exists as an integration of many open source projects and a little bit of glue code and some unique desktop components. The Regolith project is built upon many projects.
The following projects in particular deserve special mention:
- The i3 community, including Michael Stapelberg and Ingo Bürk.
- The Rofi community, including Dave Davenport.
- Picom, an actively maintained desktop compositor, including yshui.
- The Gnome Flashback project, supported by Alberts Muktupāvels and Dmitry Shachnev.
- Other i3-GNOME integrations by Jesús Castro and Alex Palaistras.
- The i3status community, including Vivien Didelot.
- Design innovation by Arctic Ice Studio and Ethan Schoonover and Ayu Theme.
- Proper nouns sourced from the fiction of Alastair Reynolds.
- The beautiful GTK themes by Eliver Lara.
- Wallpapers by Psiu Puxa, Lucas Bellator, and Luca Bravo.
- Icons by Sam Hewitt.
- Simple and powerful build tools via the Cubic project by PJ Singh.
- Infrastructure by Canonical and GitHub.